Friday, December 16, 2011

I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

For most families, Christmas begins early morning on the 25th, when kids (yes, 23-year-old kids) rush down the stairs, tearing through the pine-and-holly-clad banister, to rip open the gold, green and red-wrapped presents under the tree. For my family, it begins at 8pm on the 24th, when the first airing of A Christmas Story begins their tried and true TBS tradition of a full-day marathon. After hanging the stockings and setting out a plate of cookies and pre-nibbled reindeer carrots, SMN and I settle in with our Swiss Miss and sugar cookies to watch Ralphie get up to his now oh-so-predictable antics. Classic.
Christmas movies are a seasonal staple for the Nunan clan, and it just wouldn't feel like home without Bing Crosby in the background while J whips, stirs, and folds Christmas cookie dough in the kitchen. These are a few that I'm so looking forward to watching with my brother in 4 short days!



Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment