Over Thanksgiving, my flat was full of visitors, and so many friends got to see my space all the way atop my quaint little South Kensington castle! The week left my heels blistered and my boots in need of a serious re-soling, but it was fabulous to share my London life with some of Fanuel and my former EF-ers!
One of my favorite parts of the visit was sharing a late-afternoon lunch at the Serpentine Bar and Restaurant (http://www.serpentinebarandkitchen.com/) in Hyde Park with JEM and TA. When the Ryan clan was visiting earlier in the week, we stopped on our way through the park and took a look inside. It's a perfect little oasis nestled against the Serpentine Lake, which is usually crawling with paddle-boaters in the summer, and neglected by native Londoners in the winter months. The inside is set up like an Italian market, with wooden crates filled with cans of cooking sauces and barrels brimming with fresh produce.


The pastry display is obviously what caught my eye, and I went back today to spend my Sunday working on my law paper, interrupted by frequent bites of a cranberry walnut muffin and consistent sips on my extra-large latte.
After making a serious-ish dent in my final paper, I thought I'd get some field work in, and to keep with the theme of my day, I walked to Kensington Gardens for a quick fix at the Serpentine Gallery (http://www.serpentinegallery.org/index.html). The exhibitions on right now didn't do much for my dwindling like for contemporary art, but the gallery is so beautiful it's more exciting to people-watch and ogle the architecture. I was also excited to see that this summer they will be doing a major exhibition of Yoko Ono's artwork (http://www.serpentinegallery.org/2011/11/yoko_ono_2012_exhibition_announced.html)!I hope everyone had a great weekend, and is getting into the spirit of the season (London has been in the "spirit of the season" since September, so the Christmas anticipation is less exciting now than it was at Halloween)!
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment