I spent my Thursday afternoon turning the tantalizing, glossy pages of the preview catalog in the Sotheby's library. So. Pretty. Must. Have. Where. Find. Chic. Sparkle. In hopes of appealing to an international audience, the Taylor Collection is traveling across the globe over the next few months, through Dubai, Moscow, and (YES) London!!! The showroom on King Street set her bundle of baubles up for preview this weekend, so that's where I spent my Saturday afternoon. It was a very Breakfast-at-Tiffany's moment for me, coffee and croissant in hand, gazing in lost hope through the windows, doomed to decide if I were daring enough to cross the threshold. Well I did. And it was great. The downside is, I may need to invest in a new pair of sunglasses now, since the glint and glitter seem to have really done a number on my Wayfarers.
This morning, inspired by yesterday's iconic collection of jewels, gems, leather and lapels, I set off for Camden Town. I picked up some faux-gilted trinkets and treasures to add a little sparkle to my dull wardrobe...and a vintage blazer, silk-lined with stripes, bringing to mind those long-gone, seersucker days of summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment