Friday, September 16, 2011

London Love

Happy Friday everyone! Sorry I've been neglecting you this week, but it's been a whirlwind week, filled with late night book sessions and a smattering of desperate Google searches for Art Market terms I've never heard off. I was so looking forward to jumping back on the book bandwagon, and now I'm wishing I hadn't wanted-away all of the past two weeks where I had nothing but time to explore and adventure the local London hubs and pubs.

Today I'll be going to my first auction preview at the Sotheby's showroom on New Bond Street! We'll be viewing the setup and sales strategies for the Fine Furniture sale coming up next week (http://www.sothebys.com/en/auctions/2011/fine-furniture-tapestries-and-carpets-l11302/overview.html). I mean, while 19th century decorative arts and tapestries aren't really my cup of tea, I am really looking forward to seeing those seats Louis XV ate all his French toast in every morning...and the desk where he made all those dreadful decisions that arguably gave way to the French Revolution. I think I'll respect the Karma gods (and probably the rules of the showroom) and steer clear of parking my butt in any of those gilted and gaudy seats.

Going into the weekend, wanted to share some things with you that I'm loving about London right now!


Hunter wellies...which I'm off to purchase tomorrow (I've fought the urge for long enough)!


Rainy days made fine by a form-fitting trench and an up-to-the-challenge umbrella!

My morning tea (okay, so I'm not loving this because I'm missing the convenient Keurig, but it's fine because I'm starting to fall for the flavors of Twinnings).

FREE MUSEUMS EVERYWHERE YOU WALK!!!
Come on America, that's a good train to jump on.

Kate Spade has made the trip with me and just opened two shops in Covent Garden and Sloane Square (I'm newly obsessed with their Westward Collection and the story behind it: http://www.katespade.com/westward-collection/the-westward-collection,default,sc.html)


http://londonist.com/
I have been reading this like a Bible. Helpful hints for the new (and native) London local.

Boot weather come early (with afternoon air still warm enough to nix the tights for now!)

Hope everyone has some good plans for the weekend!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment