Monday, September 5, 2011

Short and Sweet...or Short and Savory

Happy Labor Day all!

A huge Happy Labor Day to the most beautiful soon-to-be-bride, MER, and her handsome fiance, Jonnycakes, who got engaged one year ago today on the pretty shores of Scituate beach! My iCal and I are counting down to May 26th, and can't wait for the big bash!

This will be a short post, as I'm about ready to crash from crunching numbers all day. Now I know why ENG needed all those mid-day naps for four years...it is downright exhausting to scan cell after cell, hour after hour, in those stupid spreadsheets. Learning this stuff is reminiscent of learning to diagram a sentence back in the 7th grade...you find yourself asking the same question repeatedly: "And WHEN am I going to need this?" We're promised we will, and I'll eat my words one day, but until then, get me into a lecture that has X, Y, and Z linked as words instead of non-numbers...

J has always said the hardest part of her day was coming home and trying to decide which recipe to pull from her ever-growing cookbook to satisfy three pretty picky palettes. Well, J, I'm feeling the pain. I can't even come home and figure out a recipe for ONE! I'm missing those days of heading home to a full house of 3 hungry semi-professionals, ever eager to mix gossip with other ingredients, which ultimately ended in a 2-hour dinner session around our kitchen table. I clicked my way over to CEK's blog, http://awayoflifeyoulove.blogspot.com/, and drifted back to her July entries where I remembered her raving about a fritatta dish she whipped up for herself. With the background of the Glee iTunes radio station I stumbled upon (yes, JEM and CMS, the tagline reads: "All Glee cast hits played 24 hours a day!" DO IT), I sauteed up some cucs, tomatoes and onions, tossed in some feta, and put a Greek spin on her recipe. Thanks, CEK! Came out as a delish dish, and I had no leftovers!

Resting up this baby brain for tomorrow...Hope everyone logged plenty of beach time today! Good luck with your first day of school, J! Four days to Friday...I know you're counting!

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. I just got home from FL and the first thing I did was peep the blog, only to be so thrilled to be noted in it!! How I miss you, Nunnie! Are you addicted to this thing yet? I know I'm addicted to reading it, so keep the posts coming! Love!

    ps - congrats meg & jonny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cait
    I love the blog and just think only one month til I am in London with ya! I am on my way to Denmark for the week and back on Saturday . I will wave as I fly over the UK. Not sure if you got my gmail---mentioned that my Dr has 6 Birkins last I counted and M thought you were talkig about Birkinstocks---ughh.

    ReplyDelete